- Full payment is taken upon placing an order for new goods.
- In the ordering process, you will be asked to choose a preferred delivery date.
- Subject to manufacturer availability, we will endeavour to supply the goods as close to this preferred delivery date as possible.
- Any goods labelled as ‘in stock’ on our website should be available for delivery within 10 days.
- We do not make any further time guarantees within this period.
- Prices can often change daily- please note that any price changes after your order has been placed will not affect the price of your order.
- All prices displayed on the website include VAT but exclude any extras, such as delivery, installation and take-away services.
- If we discover an error in the pricing of any goods you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible, giving you the option of amending or cancelling your order.
- If your order has been discontinued or is unable to be fulfilled, we will offer an alternative or a full refund.
- We are currently unable to offer timed delivery slots.
- We do not export to any other countries- we only deliver to a specific area of England: CT1, CT2, CT3, CT4, CT5, CT6, CT7, CT8, CT9, CT10, CT11, CT12, CT13, CT14, CT15, CT16, CT17, ME5, ME7, ME8, ME9, ME10, ME13, ME14 and ME17, all with free delivery. If your address lies just outside of these areas, feel free to contact the shop directly to request a special delivery.
- We are often able to give rough ideas of delivery times, but these times are by no means guaranteed and we require the customer to be at home throughout the arranged period of delivery.
- Large items will always be delivered by a two-man team.
- If you need to cancel or rearrange a delivery please contact Herne Bay Domestics, either through the phone or by email.
- All delivered appliances must be thoroughly examined within 48 hours of delivery. Herne Bay Domestics cannot be held liable for any damage found to any delivered appliance after this time period.
- Herne Bay Domestics is not liable for any damage to flooring, which is why we strongly recommend that customers protect any flooring that might be traversed by our delivery team. If our team cause any other damage to your property, please email the shop, with clear photos and a detailed description, within 48 hours of delivery.
- Although this is rare, we may occasionally have to cancel deliveries at late notice due to manufacturer delays, stock shortages or delivery vehicle breakdowns. We therefore strongly advise that customers don’t book fitters before being in possession of the goods. Herne Bay Domestics will not be held liable for any expense or damage resulting from delayed delivery.
- We require any customers to inform us of any potential parking restrictions upon delivery, either via email or over the phone.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that any purchased appliance can be transported through the house given its dimensions. Whether or not this is the case is down to the delivery team’s discretion.
- Any appliances being carried up or down more than 6 steps can be subject to additional charges, or can be refused delivery, subject to the delivery team’s discretion. Please note you must inform the shop of any such staircases, in the absence of an accessible and useable lift.
- A further charge may be applied (see table of charges further down the page) if we are unable to complete delivery of your items due to: you refusing delivery upon arrival of the delivery vehicle, nobody being at the address to accept delivery at any point during the scheduled delivery date, or you providing incorrect or insufficient contact or delivery details which result in a failed delivery.
- Upon completion of the delivery, you are responsible for these goods. If you or a third party transport the goods to another location, we will not be held liable.
- To instead collect your appliance from the Herne Bay Domestics store, contact the shop directly.
- Herne Bay Domestics’ installation team will only replace like for like products, meaning the same type of appliance in the same position and using the same connections (both plumbing and electrical).
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any appliances fit, both in the existing gap and also through any parts of the house through which it will need to be carried.
- It is also the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the correct supplies exist (power/plumbing), as well as the correct clearance and ventilation space.
- Before ordering, the customer must check that there is easy access to the existing pipe work and that the stop valves are working as they should be.
- If our team are fitting an integrated appliance, the customer must check before ordering that the existing panel door is in a suitable condition to be fitted.
- Our team do not: connect an appliance if it will put anyone at risk or if it does not adhere to current safety regulations/guidelines, make any alterations to stone worktops, make any alterations to existing plumbing or electrical connections.
- If you are unsure of whether or not an appliance will fit, you can arrange to have an engineer visit prior to ordering to check, for our standard call out fee. Please call the shop directly to arrange this.
- If an installation fails due to a customer not adhering to our terms and conditions, or due to a lack of/incorrect information supplied, we reserve the right to charge a failed installation charge (please see the table of charges below).
- If a fault occurs within 30 days of delivery you will have the option to exchange or get a refund.
- If an appliance is over 30 days old and develops a fault, but is still under warranty with the manufacturer, you must contact them directly. Many of the contact details for these manufacturers can be found within the customer services page.
- Manufacturers will not cover faults that result from neglect, misuse, accidents or normal wear and tear.
- You have the right to cancel at any time from the moment you place your online order, and up to 14 days from the day you receive your goods. You must notify Herne Bay Domestics of your wish to cancel the order within this time period, either by email, phone or in store.
- You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify Herne Bay Domestics of your cancellation to return the goods.
- Items can only be returned if they are boxed, in completely new condition. Herne Bay Domestics will not accept returns for any items that have been unboxed, used or installed.
- To cancel or rearrange a delivery please contact the shop immediately by email.
- Damaged or unwanted items must always be reported to the shop within 30 days of delivery, and are subject to an inspection by our staff.
- Do not unbox, install or use any damaged/unwanted items, since this counts as acceptance of these goods and deems them non-returnable.
- You have complete duty of care whilst these goods are in your possession- Herne Bay Domestics reserves the right to charge for any damage which may have occurred during this period.
Table of Charges:
- Failed delivery- re-delivery: £24.99 per item.
- Failed installation/connection: 50% of the installation charge per appliance.
- Re-handling of unwanted/incorrectly ordered items: up to 50% of price, subject to manufacturer.
Delivery charges by area:
Please note that we now offer FREE DELIVERY to all of our delivery areas.
- We may at times collect information from you which is personally identifiable, from certain pages on our website such as when you choose to contact us. However, this information will only ever be collected when we explicitly request it from you and when you voluntarily give it to us. This information is not permanently stored on a server, but is instead sent to our Herne Bay Domestics store so that we can provide help to you. We would never sell your details to a third party, nor would we ever provide them unless we had your complete consent, which would be sought prior to such an action.
- However, this website does contain links to, and embedded content from, third party websites over which we do not have direct control. We are therefore not responsible for the privacy policies of such websites, and recommend that you are careful if you choose to supply information to any of these sites that you visit.
- We are pleased to offer finance options for customers on select purchases by partnering with V12 finance. For their full terms and conditions, please visit their site here: https://www.v12retailfinance.com/terms-and-conditions
- To take advantage of V12 Finance, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have been a UK resident for 3 years or more.
- Be able to make repayments by direct debit.
- Be in regular employment (minimum of 16 hours per week) including self-employment, or in permanent residence with your spouse/partner who is in regular employment. If you are retired and receive a pension or registered disabled and unable to work, V12 Retail Finance may ask for proof of sufficient income.
- Agree to V12’s terms and conditions and electronically sign the Credit Agreement document before we can release the goods to you.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
By using our site you will receive two types of third party Cookie on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for displaying video and anonymously tracking visits to the site. All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
You can disable cookies in your browser, below is some more information on this.
The following Third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Google Analytic – URL
These GA cookies are used to collect information about how visitors us our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from, and the pages they visit while they are here.
Find out more about how these cookies are used on the Google privacy site
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.